TRAX pioneered the use of steel for adhesive weights and is a major supplier of a wide range of steel adhesive weight solutions for both the aftermarket and Original Equipment.The TRAX "PROFESSiONAL” range has been introduced due to demand for higher levels of bonding for general tyre shop & Original Equipment use.
- Steel is a lower cost solution than zinc or composite materials
- Steel offers better long term price stability than zinc
- Steel is 20% more dense than zinc (and 40% more dense than composite materials)
- Steel is the most environmental material and the easiest to re-cycle
- Steel is used or approved as a balance weight material by many OE companies including, Ford, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, Renault, Honda, Toyota, Nissan
TRAX adhesive strips have superior corrosion resistance. Low quality weights can be rusty when opened in the original boxes. The left shows a quality TRAX adhesive weight after salt spray corrosion testing. The right picture shows a low quality alternative.